For high-powered LEDs most customers use an aluminum printed circuit board; for low-power LEDs standard FR4 PCBs are available as well. Our PCB fabrication specifications and build most types of metal based Printed Circuit Boards.
Aluminum Based PCBs are a unique metal-based copper clad laminate. These types of Printed Circuit Boards have good thermal conductivity, electrical insulation and very solid machining performance. These types of are typically fabricated with a metal base consisting of aluminum (most common) but can also be produced with copper.
Aluminum Printed Circuit Boards typically contain copper foil, thermal insulating layer and metal substrate, its structure divide into three layers:
- Circuit layer: the equivalent of an ordinary PCB- copper thickness from 1oz to 10oz.
- Insulation layer: Insulation is a layer of thermal insulating material with low thermal resistance. Thickness: 0.003 “to 0.006” inch is the aluminum PCB core technology.
- Base Layer: a metal substrate, usually aluminum or copper.
- Can easily be used for Surface Mount Technology (SMT)
- Assists with thermal diffusion of heat from LEDs
- Reduces product operating temperatures, increases the power density and reliability, and helps to extended product life
- Smaller footprint, lower hardware and assembly costs;
- Replaces fragile ceramic based pcbs, and has better mechanical durability
- Max Size: 1200mm x 600mm
- Special Hole: Blind Hole, Blind Slot, T-Hole, T-Slot, Counter Sink Hole, Cup Hole
- Metal Base Thickness: 0.5 – 3.2mm
- Surface Treatment: Hal, ENIG, Chemical Ni Silver, Plated Silver, OSP, ENEPIG
- Working Thickness: 0.5mm – 5.0mm
- Shaping: Tooling Punching, CNC Routing, V-Cut
- Solder Mask Colors: Green, White, Black, Black Matte, Red, Yellow, Blue, Grey
- Minimum Hole Diameter: 0.5mm
|Item||MC PCB (Al base, Copper base, Iron Base|
|Finished thickness||0.2-6.5mm (Tlr.: +/- 10%)|
|Min. Finished hole size||.06mm|
|Base Film thickness||/|
|Base Cu thickness||0.5-10 OZ|
|Finished Copper T.||0.5-10 OZ|
|Max. Panel Size||1700mm*600mm|
|Break Down Voltage||1-5 kv ac|
|Min. Finished thickness||0.2mm|
|Material||Bergquist, Laird, Denka, Totking, ITEQ, YGA, Huangzheng, etc|
|Surface Finish||HASL, Lead Free HASL, OSP, Immersion Gold, Immersion Silver, Gold Fingers|
|Overlay thickness and Adhesive thickness||/|
|Additional Processes||Peeable mask, Carbon ink, Plated slots and edge, Counter sink, Blind & buried via, via in pad, isolated holes, blind and buried holes, black oxidation, silver jumper|